The newly elect Prime Minister is moving with a dream of building a better India. As expected various new yojanas or schemes were to be launched. Recently at the Red fort on India’s Independence Day on 2014 the Prime Minister announced a new scheme under which every family living in India must have a bank account. This yojana is known as the Jan Dhan Yojana. Here are the information’s that will help you more about this new scheme launched by the newly elect central government of India.
What is Jan Dhan Yojana?
It is a new scheme launched in India under which every Indian family will be enrolled in a bank for opening a zero balance account. This scheme not only provides the families of India to have an account but it also offer various different profits for the poor families. This new scheme is the 1st step towards bringing economic equality in the country.
Why Jan Dhan Yojana?
In a speech the Prime Minister stated that once the father of nation removed the social untouchability from the country. In the current world the financial untouchability is a big concern and it separates people. Thus a bank account will be the first step to eradicate the financial untouchability from the system. Looking to the scheme from an economic point of view the country like India comprises of a huge population. Each of the families living in India is the part of the economic cycle. So once the families have a back account they get connected to the vehicle of economy. Thus when everyone will be connected the economy of the country will run at a greater pace. Thus this step can be a source to a better economic country.
Benefits for the common people from the Jan Dhan Yojana
As announced by the PM of India this is a scheme made to benefit the common man of India and thus this scheme has a lots of benefits for the Indian families opening their bank account under the scheme. Here is the list of benefits that once can get from this scheme.
- Each family will have a bank account opened in the countries best bank free of cost and quite easily. This will help them find a place to save their earnings easily.
- With a new bank account each family will be getting a RuPay debit card that they can use to withdraw money from the account.
- The new opened account will be a zero balance account and thus the account holder will not be required to have a minimum balance in the account.
- Each people getting into this scheme people will be getting an Rs 30,000 life cover.
- Along with the life cover one will also get an accidental cover of 1 lakh. This will add up a value to the various lives in the country.
- If the person keeps the bank account active and saves some money then the account holder will be given the overdraft limit of Rs 5000 that one can withdraw from the account.
This new scheme from the newly formed government was launched on 28th of August and will surely take the country to the future.
TOLL FREE NUMBER FOR JAN DHAN Yojana
Call this number for any query regarding Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojana. 1800 11 0001
1800 180 1111